Top Three Thursday: Upcoming Book to Movie Adaptations!


Yes you read the title right:

This Thursday we're going to talk about the soon-to-be Book to Movie adaptations that, personally, I am most excited for!

So--something really great is that a lot of my FAVORITE books have been bought for Film, and, though most of the time nothing much comes out of that, a lot of them are LEGIT going to the big screen, and I am so incredibly excited!

I'm so proud, I guess the word is, for all of these books that I've discovered months or years ago to find out that the awesomeness will be spread over the world. 

I'm not one of those people who are all caught up on "I read the books first so I'm a better fan than you!"

...These people annoy me. Legit.

Like--good for you! You read a book before the film rights were purchased. Congratulations. You win absolutely nothing. Have a nice life.

I think that Book to Movie adaptations are great--they open up the great book for people who might normally never hear about it.

If you want to read a book because you saw an awesome Trailer?

Great. I have total respect for you.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to read a book because there's a movie coming out soon. Sure, those who read the book before the promise of a film came along will get something bigger and better out of it, but I still think the love for a certain story can be equal, whether you read it because you saw it on a shelf years ago, or because you saw your favorite actor was starring in it last month.

Really. It's okay.

I think readers really get their thoughts twisted about this. Reading is for everyone, no matter HOW you heard of the book, and no matter HOW long ago you read it. We all love the story and the characters, and that's what matters, so just calm down, okay?

There are a TON of YA books with a big/not so big chance of becoming an actual movie, so here goes!:

           1. Unremembered, by Jessica Brody!

YES. THIS. YES.

I have been a huge Brody fan ever since I read Unremembered, and that only increased with the second book, Unforgotten. I got to meet her during one of the Fierce Reads Tour stops, and I simply adored her!

She is absolutely brilliant in all ways and I am just so proud of her and this story!

All that's happened with this, that I know of, is that it was acquired by two Producers, but they're currently building up a bunch of hype for the movie, so make sure to check them out at the links below and spread the Unremembered love!

Find Unremembered the Movie on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr!

          2. Shadow and Bone, by Leigh Bardugo!

AGH AGAIN YES THIS.

Shadow and Bone is one of my favorites (But what isn't?), and, again, I got to meet miss Bardugo at a Fierce Reads event.

This one was sold to DreamWorks, and the producer of Harry potter is involved in it?

Uhm... Yes???

           3. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs!

I sadly have no gotten the second book, but it is most CERTAINLY on my list of books that I desperately need.

I have, however, finished book one and loved it to death. It was beautiful and real and came with a huge impact.

Literally all I know about this becoming a movie is that it's supposed to be directed by Tim Burton.

Oh-my to the freaking sweet-goodness.

When I heard this was supposed to be a movie, I was very skeptical, because part of the story in this book is the old photographs in it, so I thought that whoever was creating this film had to be extremely creative to make it awesome.

And then I found out it was Tim Burton.

And all bets were off.

I danced around the house.

SO those re my Top Three, but there are still plenty more I'm excited about, such as:

  • The Raven Boys, by Maggie Stiefvater (I'm not sure where the progress is on this one, but last I heard they're looking for a screenwriter.)
  • Shatter Me, by Tahereh Mafi (Optioned for film by 20th Century Fox. I read that there's still a ton of work to be done before this can actually be made into a movie, but STILL!)
  • The Daughter of Smoke and Bone, by Laini Taylor (I will be reading this book extremely soon because I've heard so many great things about it, and all I know about the film is that it has a director.)
  • The Maze Runner, by James Dashner (Again, I have NOT read this book, but I'll be reading it as soon as I can find a copy of it because it's awesome. This movie will be in theaters September 19th of this year!
Bonus: Dylan O'Brian stars in it. I'm watching it.)
  • If I Stay, by Gayle Forman (I've read Just One Day by Forman, but this week I'm stopping by the library to marathon read all of her books. The movie will be in theaters August 22nd 2014.
Bonus: Have you SEEN the Trailer? OH. MY. Click HERE to go watch it, because holy flaming sweet potatoes, Batman.)
  • Vampire Academy, by Richelle Mead (I literally just reading this book two nights ago, and I'll be finishing up the second and third one within the next few days. I didn't go see the movie in Theaters because I hadn't read the book then, so I'm impatiently waiting for it to release on DVD May 20th!)
  • The School for Good and Evil, by Soman Chainani (Universal Pictures acquired the rights to this one, and Chainani himself is in the process of working on a screenplay! SO excited for this one.) 

So this is just my measly little list, and, again, most of these movies may or may not actual get to the big screen.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I am DYING for all of these to get through all of the trials of actually making a film, but a lot of things don't work out. So all of us Fangirls and Fanboys will just have to keep our fingers crossed and sit and wait, won't we?

What Book to Movie adaptations are YOU excited for? Share in the comments!

Thanks for joining me for this weeks Top Three Thursday, and make sure to check back this Saturday for a Review of Eleanor and Park, by Rainbow Rowell!



up