"The Evolution of Mara Dyer" Book Review!


Can you seriously believe that I fell even MORE in love with these books?

Like, I thought I loved it, but now it's just like I hated it compared to how much I love it now and-

I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I?

Today I'm going to tell you about The Evolution of Mara Dyer, by Michelle Hodkin, because seriously everyone needs this in their life.

Going to keep it spoiler-free, considering it's the second in the series, but here's a bit about the first to clue you in on what it's all about:


"Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.

She’s wrong."

(Blurb taken from Goodreads)

(Aren't those covers ABSOLUTELY STUNNING?)

Not much to read,  is it?

Trust me, I know--I had no idea what these books were about.

But then I read the first one literally in one day, and soon after got the second one for my Birthday, and sadly didn't have to read it in a day.

But I wanted to. I walked everywhere with this book open in front of my face and thus had many near-death experiences, but it was worth it because WOW.

More Hallucinations. More dreams and flashbacks and confusion and wickedly painful realizations. It was all just beautiful.

Mara really is one of my favorite YA heroines, because she's wise about things and she's motivated and she's determined. She's not annoying or obnoxious nor is she timid and complaining. She's perfect, basically.

Noah... Well, Noah is the best of the best, but in this book you really didn't get to see a lot of that. Because Mara is doubtful of him at some points, naturally I was as well, but by the end I was totally in love again, thinking:

"Oh my dear, why did I ever doubt you?"













There are a ton of beautiful characters around in this book, and some of them are evil and some aren't and some are both which is why this book is so great.

It was intense and fast paced and it held me thoroughly, as the first one did.

But...

That ENDING???













You don't understand my pain right now. I finished that page in a crowd of people, and I couldn't even pretend to be put together. I was in complete and total denial.

Nope nope nope.

Oh, and now we have to wait until NOVEMBER 4TH, to find out what happens next? That's just now fair! 

Sighh... So I shall wait and beat my head against a wall or two and try to pretend that that ending isn't tearing me apart. and maybe murder a few people.

Ha.

Haha.

Have you read the Evolution of Mara Dyer? What about the Unbecoming? What did YOU think?

Thanks for reading!

up