Ignite Me Book Review!


So I have a bunch of posts and Reviews and Super Secret Epic Things to get caught up on, so I finished this book quite a while ago, but just got around to turning my ASDFGHJKL notes into something more coherent.

Warning: This post contains slight spoilers of you haven't read Ignite Me!

Ignite me, By Tahereh Mafi, is the third and final book in the Shatter Me Trilogy.

Want to know more about Book One?:

"Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.


Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior."

(Blurb taken from Goodreads.)


Check out my Review of book One HERE, and book Two HERE!

When I started this series, I really didn't know if I would like it.

I'm not a big fan of the whole 'crushed society, barren lands, hopeless war' type idea, because there are SO MANY. They're all about a ruthless ruler and a murdering army and a small rebellion that arises to fight against the odds.

This was a refreshing topic at first, but after the tenth and eleventh remake of the same story, I just got so sick of it, and I'm still constantly seeing the same boring feel to books.

But eventually I bought this one because of all the hype it was getting, and even reading what is offered above, I wasn't too impressed.

But this story is exactly what I was looking for.

A completely new take on the same old thing.

So, three books later, The characters are new and exciting and the plot is so quick I literally couldn't put it down until my eyes wouldn't stay open any more.

I also firmly believe that this series would be nothing without the magic sprinkled over it by the wonderful author, who is ranked up to my favorites. Her writing is emotional and intense and overall extremely poetic and breath taking.

Each and every character in this became as close as family in this book and that made me so happy.

Juliette and Warner are just the best-est, cutest in the world, we really get to see that in this book.












But there was one thing in this book that grated on my nerves.

One thing that annoyed me to death and made me want to explode with rage.

Adam.

Okay. 

I don't know if this is the authors fault, or if I'm just really missing something.

I get the whole situation. I'm trying not to spoil anything, but I get all of the feelings, and Juliette tries very hard to explain it in a way that makes sense, and it does.

But it was so incredibly unbelievable the way that Adam acted throughout this entire book.

He can be mad. He can be upset and torn and absolutely destroyed, but he just crossed way too many lines. He was annoying as heck and I really really wished someone would just shoot him.

And I used to absolutely LOVE Adam. I always shipped Warner and Juliette faithfully, but still I loved Adam's character but by the end I lost all respect for him and that made me so upset.

This could have easily been done so that you still like Adam as a character, and he could have respected Juliette as a person. If he really loved her, he would love her no matter who she was with, and not tell her to 'go out and freeze to death'.












He insulted her many times over and it really ticked me off, and I just thought it was so unrealistic and such a dramatic change for his character, I really had to question the entire story, because this was a fatal flaw in it that was very hard to see past.

But really that's the only bad thing about this book. Warner and Kenji and Castle and all of the others made it plenty worth it, and I absolutely loved the way that it ended. It was perfect.

But just.

Adam.

UGH.

Have you read Ignite Me? What about Shatter Me? What did you think?

Thanks for reading! But UGH ADAM.





up